Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

cherry pecan muffins


Last Saturday, I went to Haymarket and bought one big bag of cherries for only a dollar! Since I had so many cherries, I decided to make cherry muffins. These muffins are really healthy, and although I put only 1 teaspoon of olive oil, they were surprisingly moist!


To make them, you'll need: 1 cup of flour, 1/4 cup of sugar, 1 teaspoon of baking powder, 1 teaspoon of baking soda, 1 teaspoon of oil, 1 egg, 1/2 cup of milk, 1/4 cup of applesauce, 1 cup of chopped cherries, and 1/4 cup of chopped pecans.



First, I pitted the cherries and cut them in halves.



I used an egg beater to beat 1 egg.



Then, I added all the ingredients and mixed them all together.


After I put the muffins in the muffin tin, I added pecans on top (because roasted pecans are so tasty!) 


{the finished product}


No comments:

Post a Comment